Thursday, December 13, 2012

2012: They Were the Best of Times, They Were the Worst of Times.

 As 2012 draws to a close I think this is the time of year that most people reflect on the past year and begin anticipating the coming one. While my little family has been blessed beyond measure with the news of a coming baby girl, a new job for my husband and many other sweet blessings sprinkled throughout, there have also been some painfully difficult times this year that have left the family around me licking deep wounds that are not easily healed. Ugly wounds that will leave scars. And like Paul says in Romans we need to "rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep". Unfortunately, there has been an abundance of weeping in 2012. And come New Years Eve, 2012 will be getting a big 'ol "good riddance, and don't let the door hit 'ya on the way out" from most of my family.  I pray that 2013 will bring about a salve to those nasty wounds. I pray that they won't fester and the Lord will provide healing, comfort and restoration to those I love so dearly. I am reminded of the passage in James 1 that says “Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.” and it's not a matter of IF we are faced with various trials but WHEN. We will be faced with tough times and through it I pray that it will produce a faith that endures. And I am fervently praying that 2013 will be a faith filled year.
I know that this time of year can be an extremely difficult for many people, and if that is true for you, know that this time of year is so much more than a historical event. It's about the birth of a Savior. A Savior who came to offer rest to the weary (Matt.11:28) and a hope for the future (Jer 29:11) to those who take refuge in Him. Take refuge. Run to him and taste and see that He is good and those who seek after Him lack no good thing (Ps 34). That is my prayer for you.

" And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
 “Glory to God in the highest,
    and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...