Sunday, January 6, 2013

Just the 2 of Us.


I am now 3 weeks (or less) from welcoming my next little Kiddie and I have a lot to do. I am prepared in the sense that I have a car seat, and a few diapers, but I need to prepare my heart and mind for the arrival of another little one to love. I have no doubt that my love will only expand, but I am not going to lie. I am starting to get a little emotional about the transition from one to two. For 2 years I have poured my heart and soul into one little boy, my baby. We have our routine and it's a good one. He's my buddy.
 With the arrival of a new baby, I have needed to transition Kidd-O to his new room. And honestly, I have had a hard time moving him out of his crib and to his new room. I didn't think it would be a problem. But Mr. Clean has asked me a dozen times what I'm waiting for. And I have had various answers:"The room isn't finished," "he's not ready," "he does so well in his crib." But the truth is I haven't been ready. I know that he is ready and I know that he will be fine, but I know that when I move him to a bed, that's it. That stage of his life is over and never again will he be small enough to sleep in a crib. I will admit it's getting a little ridiculous since he's still in his crib, he still takes a bedtime paci, he has his lovey and he still wears a bedtime diaper. I am going to regret this in just a few weeks I am sure, but it is just.so.hard. But I told Mr. Clean that he would make his big boy transition on Jan. 1. 
 And we did it! He is a "Big Boy" who sleeps in his "Big Boy" bed. And he loves it. He actually asks to go down for a nap or to bed and has adjusted better than I have. I'm still working on some final touches to make his room "his" room, but he really couldn't care less! 
So, I have taken a huge step at making way for our new family member and I will be spending the next couple of weeks talking about being a big brother, having a little sister and soaking up every little minute I can with my first born. We will read, draw, go on "nature walks,"  and eat picnics in our living room. Just the 2 of us.
  I pray that he accepts his little sister with open arms and welcomes her right into our fold. I know that this year will be a great time of learning and growing for Kidd-O as he learns to love and prefer others more than himself and I pray he does so joyfully. I believe one of the greatest gifts we can give our children is the gift of a sibling and I pray so fervently that he loves that gift forever and always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...