Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Monday Mind Dump...




1. The Big event that my sis-in-law and I have been planning for months is finally over, and a HUGE success! It turned out beautifully, despite the 6 hours of combined sleep between Thursday night and Friday night, having a six week old, and I've been running a 102.1 temp because of an infection! The pictures are courtesy of our friend, the oh so talented, Kyle Dettman

2. I really wish that my husband and I were into college football, I've been saying this for a while, but I still can't decide which team to follow! Because I still can't decide, I think I'm going to go all out and root for my little brother and the good ol' Acworth Warriors! Tried and True, Orange and Blue! Maybe next year I'll pick a High School team and work my way up to college ball!
3. The main reason I wish we were into college ball is because I really want to go to a tailgaiting thing, and get all dressed up. I'm totally into guys wearing their Izods, madras shorts, topsiders, and their sunglasses hanging on some croakies, with a cold drink hangin' out in a koozie. If you know my husband but at all, you know that he wouldn't be caught dead in ANY of these things. period. I've been pushing for a pair of some topsiders for about 2 years now without any luck.
4. VH1 has been playing the top 100 artists of all time this weekend, and I have yet to see who #1 was, but I pretty much don't need to because it's going to be The Beatles. case closed.
5. My mom told me about mouseworldradio.com, which is a live feed from all of the Disney parks and resorts, and the Kidd-O and I listen during the day, but it's really depressing because I have no clue when we are going to get go again. Yes, I'm 25, and yes, I've been to disney close to 30 times, and no, I never get sick of it!

6. One of my house wifely duties this week was to research insurance policies for our family...yeah, that was a joke! The lady would answer and I would say "Hi, we need health insurance," then I would hear silence for a bit, and I would say "ya, know, a personal plan, or policy, or a provider, or....ya know what, I have no clue what I'm talking about!" she would then start talking about co-pays, deductibles, HMO's, PPO's. To which she would hear silence on her end. Who are we kidding, I don't know about any of that stuff!

7. I have realized that the names I call The Kidd-O are really ridiculous! Here are just a few of the more popular ones: angel baby, love baby, love muffin, lovie dovie wuvie, poopie doopi, chumbiewumbie, toodle poodle, and poopie scoopie.

8. I also realized that Kidd-O is six weeks old, and that's usually how long maternity leave is for ladies who go back to work. I have a new found respect for those special ladies, especially my teacher friends because I'm still sooo tired, and I don't know how they function especially if their little one still isn't sleeping through the night!

9. #8 makes me even more thankful for Mr. Clean, and even though Kidd-O and I have forgotten what he looks like because he's working all.the.time, I'm grateful that I get to stay home! Sure, we may not get to take a vacation anytime soon, and we won't be driving the nicest cars, my roots may grow out, and instead of the mall, it will be garage sales, and I may have to learn that whole coupon thing, but so far, it's worth it!

10. I've decided to start a new post for Friday's. It's going to be Friday's Photo Flashback. My best friend and I always argue about who was uglier in middle school, and I've found some doozies lately that are pretty darn hilarious! I thought it would be a fun way to start the weekend, ya know, with a good laugh! And I have MANY photo's to bring a smile to your face. Don't worry Amy, they are mostly of me :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your husband and mine are cut from the same cloth. He wouldn't be caught dead in any of that either, and college football? No way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of the website ehealthinsurance.com? It collects basic info from you and then gives you plans with insurance companies that you may qualify for....including the monthly payment and deductible (normally if you pay less a month you have a higher deductible to meet). Hope this helps! ~Barbara
    p.s. i love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...