1. The Big event that my sis-in-law and I have been planning for months is finally over, and a HUGE success! It turned out beautifully, despite the 6 hours of combined sleep between Thursday night and Friday night, having a six week old, and I've been running a 102.1 temp because of an infection! The pictures are courtesy of our friend, the oh so talented, Kyle Dettman 2. I really wish that my husband and I were into college football, I've been saying this for a while, but I still can't decide which team to follow! Because I still can't decide, I think I'm going to go all out and root for my little brother and the good ol' Acworth Warriors! Tried and True, Orange and Blue! Maybe next year I'll pick a High School team and work my way up to college ball! 3. The main reason I wish we were into college ball is because I really want to go to a tailgaiting thing, and get all dressed up. I'm totally into guys wearing their Izods, madras shorts, topsiders, and their sunglasses hanging on some croakies, with a cold drink hangin' out in a koozie. If you know my husband but at all, you know that he wouldn't be caught dead in ANY of these things. period. I've been pushing for a pair of some topsiders for about 2 years now without any luck. 4. VH1 has been playing the top 100 artists of all time this weekend, and I have yet to see who #1 was, but I pretty much don't need to because it's going to be The Beatles. case closed. 5. My mom told me about mouseworldradio.com, which is a live feed from all of the Disney parks and resorts, and the Kidd-O and I listen during the day, but it's really depressing because I have no clue when we are going to get go again. Yes, I'm 25, and yes, I've been to disney close to 30 times, and no, I never get sick of it!
6. One of my house wifely duties this week was to research insurance policies for our family...yeah, that was a joke! The lady would answer and I would say "Hi, we need health insurance," then I would hear silence for a bit, and I would say "ya, know, a personal plan, or policy, or a provider, or....ya know what, I have no clue what I'm talking about!" she would then start talking about co-pays, deductibles, HMO's, PPO's. To which she would hear silence on her end. Who are we kidding, I don't know about any of that stuff!
7. I have realized that the names I call The Kidd-O are really ridiculous! Here are just a few of the more popular ones: angel baby, love baby, love muffin, lovie dovie wuvie, poopie doopi, chumbiewumbie, toodle poodle, and poopie scoopie.
8. I also realized that Kidd-O is six weeks old, and that's usually how long maternity leave is for ladies who go back to work. I have a new found respect for those special ladies, especially my teacher friends because I'm still sooo tired, and I don't know how they function especially if their little one still isn't sleeping through the night!
9. #8 makes me even more thankful for Mr. Clean, and even though Kidd-O and I have forgotten what he looks like because he's working all.the.time, I'm grateful that I get to stay home! Sure, we may not get to take a vacation anytime soon, and we won't be driving the nicest cars, my roots may grow out, and instead of the mall, it will be garage sales, and I may have to learn that whole coupon thing, but so far, it's worth it!
10. I've decided to start a new post for Friday's. It's going to be Friday's Photo Flashback. My best friend and I always argue about who was uglier in middle school, and I've found some doozies lately that are pretty darn hilarious! I thought it would be a fun way to start the weekend, ya know, with a good laugh! And I have MANY photo's to bring a smile to your face. Don't worry Amy, they are mostly of me :)
Wife of 4 years, mom to 1, oldest sister to 7...I'm striving to be an EXCELLENT wife, and not a perfect wife. Reading about the Prov. 31 woman is truly inspiring and something to strive for and to be encouraged by, not discouraged!