Tuesday, April 19, 2011

American by birth, southern by the grace of God...

It's no secret that I love the South. The Deep South. Dixie. The land of cotton. I love the weather, yes, even the hot summers. I love most of the accents, although, I'm not the biggest fan of the folks you might see on the news that don't know their head from their butt, and sound sooo redneck that they need subtitles. Nope! Think more along the lines of Jimmy Carter or Paula Deen. Speakin' of Paula, my greatest Southern love is the food...fried chicken, fried okra, fried green tomatoes (pronounced tuhmadus).... I could go on for days!

And one of my favorite things about the South is our festivals. I know other areas of our great country have festivals too, but I swear to you that they don't rival the ones we have down here! I'm fairly certain you won't find these Little General Clogger's north of the Mason Dixon line...
Or these mighty fine Civil War reenactments...which, if I'm being honest, I find to be really strange and very "back woods"...but southern none-the-less.
And although the booths that sell bird houses made out of beer cans are neat to look at, and the dog outfits with your favorite SEC football colors on them are enticing, I am there for one reason only. The food.
For my birthday present from Mr. Clean this year, I wanted to head over to the Big Shanty Festival so I could eat to my hearts content! and I think Kidd-O enjoyed the food as much as we did!It was a great food-filled weekend and in "Dixie land I take my stand, to live and die in Dixie..."
Have a Terrific Week Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...