Monday, October 24, 2011

My Monday Mind Dump....

1. I'm done! It's finished! THE END! I'm talking about Gone With the Wind....and I'm sure most of y'all are thinking "frankly my dear, I don't give a....

2. ...HOOT!" 

Still not quite done with Kidd-O's costume, but here's a little looksy. He love's wearing it and even has a little strut that goes along with it that kinda cracks me up. It's put together with hot glue and the entire costume was under $20! El Cheapo (Mr. Clean) was pleased.

3.. I love me some Publix. It truly is a "pleasure" to shop there, but I think I probably need to take it easy with my visits since I know the names of our deli lady, the cashiers and the baggers...and they know my Kid's name!

4. Don't you hate when you have to make an emergency potty trip at the Big Chicken, hop in the first stall, realize there is no TP too late and then have to wait for someone else to walk in so you can ask them to fetch ya some? Yeah, me too!
5. So, I was listening to a sermon the other day (it's a fantastic series by the way) and the pastor pronounced the word puberty as pooberty...several times. That really threw me off and it was really hard to get back on track after that. I'm sure that that is the correct pronunciation, but it just sounds so darn funny.

6. This pitch black dark thing at 7 a.m. is messing me up BIG time. It makes for VERY lazy mornings...yet another reason I like Summer better.
7. Remember how I went to court this week for my $809 speeding ticket? Well, it went really well! The judge was great, and very reasonable, so he dropped the 9 points from my license! Yay! I actually loved being there, it was kind of  fun. I really wanted to see what the judge was going to make some of those crazy people do! Like the 2 girls who were caught shoplifting. They have to write a 10 pg paper on making good choices, write a letter of apology to Macy's, write the sentence "I will not disrespect myself or my family by shoplifting" 4,400 times, and pay a $1500 fine. It was great!

8. As my photographic pursuits take off, I have been learning LOTS of life lessons. I don't really enjoy "the business" side of having a photography "business", and I really don't like telling a client that my computer crashed and I lost the pics, or that I don't like the way a certain shoot turned out so I need a "re-do".  It's embarrassing. It's humbling. It happened this week. Boo.

9. Kidd-O's new favorite activity? Well, besides making artwork on our couch, it would have to be putting items into our turtle's water tank. The latest overboard victim? Our Comcast remote.


10. So, I'm up to my eyeballs in photographs (praise the Lord) these days, so I haven't been able to keep up with my "That's Pinteresting" blog series. But I thought that I would let y'all know that I did make "this", "this", "this", and "this". All "keepers" for sure! 

2 comments:

  1. When we lived in Holly Springs I shopped at the Publix at Hwy5 and E Cherokee the same day and time each week. By the time we moved to LA I knew all of the cashiers by name. I was actually saying the other week how depressing it is to go to the grocery store around here in comparison to the "pleasure" of shopping at Publix. The aisles were never crowded and the shelves always stocked nicely. I'm very sad we don't have Publix down here, if you couldn't tell.
    Ohh, and I love the kiddo's costume! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ALL! Too many to specifically comment on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...