Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome to the World, Kidd-O!


Like most mothers, I spent a good bit of time trying to decide what my little one should wear home from the hospital. I don't know why it's such a big deal, but it is! Fortunately, I couldn't decide on which outfit to bring, so I brought a few, and it's a good thing I did, because only one of the outfits actually fit! It was just me and the Kidd-O in the quiet of the hospital room while my husband loaded up the car, and I began dress him in the outfit that I had carefully chosen for him to go home in. Our home. The home that belonged to only me and my husband just a few days earlier. I remember hoping that he would like his new room and that he would love our home as much as I did.


I loaded my son into his new car seat, and I held him while the nurse began to wheel us both out to our car to go home. As we left the comfort of our hospital room, and the security of the wonderful nurses, it hit me...hard. They were actually letting me take this tiny baby home!! I was fully responsible for him. The weight of this thought (responsibility) is extremely overwhelming! Suddenly, my baby's life was flashing before my eyes! I was now responsible not only for his immediate physical needs, but responsible for his overall spiritual, mental, emotional well being from now until he leaves the nest. The Lord gave him to ME! I get to show him all the wonderful blessings this world has to offer and I'm responsible for guarding his eyes and heart from the wicked things. I began to cry as I felt the great pressure and immense joy from the weight of this responsibility. When we finally approached the double doors to our new life as 3, I saw the sun shining, and I whispered into my tiny baby's ear: Welcome to the world, Kidd-O!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! God gave him you and Chris too so all of you are blessed! You are an amazing mother already and I can't wait to see what else God has planned for the Lee family of 3!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...