Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Monday Mind Dump...


1. I started running. Again. Ask me in a month how well that's going.
2. My BFF and I started a very exclusive BFF Book Club. Ask me in a month how well that's going.3. I started Pinterest and can't get enough. Ask me in a month how well that's going...although I'm sure this will be the one thing that sticks, because it's awesome.4. Y'all know that I love ALL things Disney, but have you ever thought about how depressing the movies really are? From my recollection, every.single.movie has a heartbreaking family situation!
Cinderella? No parents, just a wicked step mom.
Snow White? Same as Cindy!
Ariel (Little Mermaid)? No mom and then she leaves her dad for a pair of legs.
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)? She has both parents, but they drop her off in the middle of the woods with scatterbrained fairies for 16 years.
Belle (Beauty & The Beast)? No mom and a loony toon dad!
Princess Jasmine (Aladdin)? No mom and a dad who forces her to marry a creepy old man.
The Lion King? His dad dies right before his very eyes.
Bambi? Absentee father and his mother gets shot.
Pinocchio? Geppetto wishes his wooden puppet was a real boy, which is kind of nutty, but hey, I guess it's a nice story.
Dumbo? Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started.
I could go on, but I think ya get the drift.
5. Got the ol' hairs cut this weekend, which was nice....

6....and I went to a consignment sale, which wasn't. These people are CRAZY! Picture a bunch of momma bears at one fishing hole, trying to find food for their cubbies. Now multiply that by a gazillion. I'm not cut out for bargain shopping. I'm not even crazy about what I got!7. Highlight? Dinner with 2 of my oldest friends. Not old, like age. Should I say my longest friends? Except, they're not tall...How do I say this!? 20 years of friendship was at that table. There, that's better!8. It stinks when you think you've read between the lines, looked at all the signs and still call that baby they wrong gender. I swore I'd never do that...but I did.
9. To the lady at the store who my son ran to, and then tried to give her an extra sloppy kiss...sorry 'bout that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...