Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 3...

Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show
(or in my case, showS)

Even if you don't know much about me, chances are good you do know what my 2 favorite shows are and if you talk to me for any length of time I will most certainly find some comparison of real life to one of these two shows. It's kind of funny...or maybe sad? I try not to make these comparisons out loud in conversation, but more often than not, it comes out anyway.

I Love Lucy, seriously, I do! I think Lucille Ball is a comedic genius and I have loved her from a very young age.Some of my earliest memories of watching tv are of watching Lucy. I have seen every.single. episode...more times than is healthy. And if I am lucky enough to see it on tv (as opposed to dvd), then don't expect anything to get done that day, because I am glued. They don't make tv like that anymore. Good, clean, funny tv like that is worth its weight in gold.

My extremely close, second favorite tv show is Friends. I wasn't allowed to watch this show when it was first on tv, so I was late in discovering it. This show has a special place in my heart now, because for the first 2 1/2 years of my marriage, my husband-El Cheapo, wouldn't let us get cable. Not even basic cable, I'm talking rabbit ears, nothing-comes-out-of-the-tv type of no cable. But my grandmother so kindly let me borrow the entire series of Friends to watch. And boy did I watch. I started with season one and went through the entire 10 seasons fairly quickly, and when I was done we still had no cable....so I popped season one back and started all over again. Repeat that cycle several times, add in all of the directors commentary, directors cuts, special features, and Voila! You have my second favorite show. I know you must think I'm crazy, but desperate times call for desperate measures! At that time in out lives, my husband was working two jobs, so I was home alone....A LOT. I did read A TON (over 30 books in one summer, thank you very much), but sometimes you just want something mindless to do do. I had yet to discover online shows, and I HATE silence, so Friends was what was on. I still love it, but now we have cable, so my Friends have been put away for the time being, but they do find their way out from time-to-time.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I say I Love Lucy...I'm like for real...I own the shows on DVD! Love you my twin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...